The Sunday Lunch consists of a complete full immersion, where all the participants will contribute to the preparation of the menu. Exactly like the old tradition for the Sunday lunch in Puglia, where the Grandmother gave directions pretty much to the whole family, from those who prepared the orecchiette, to the ones who started the sauce early in the morning.
Friday is open food market day so first stop is at the “Mercato” (in Conversano BA) to choose and pick the vegetables that will prepared for lunch. Immediately after, you will go to the farm to see the dairyman preparing the mozzarella and the scamorza, and then take some for the preparation of the lunch in a fortified Masseria near Polignano a Mare.
The first part of this one of a kind experience, begins at 8:30am ends 11:00am in the kitchen to begin prepping for the complete lunch; from appetizers to dessert. Lunch time will be around 1:00pm / 1:30pm, ending at around 3:00pm.
– Open food market shopping and all ingredients for the lunch
– Visit to Dairy Farm and fresh products needed for the lunch
– The Chef as your personal shopper and stories teller for the duration of the experience
– Aprons for participants
– Four Courses personalized menu according to season and guest’s preferences: “Apristomaco” (amuse-bouche) – Pasta Course – Main Course w/side dish – Dessert – Wine & Soft Drinks
– This experience happens on Fridays
– Some walking required
– Chef can meet you at the Open Food Market and we can schedule transfer to/from your accommodation
Day tour / activity