The Sunday Lunch (Conversano/Polignano)
The Sunday Lunch experience consists of a complete full immersion, where all the participants will contribute to the preparation of the menu, including shopping at the open food market.
Be part of the Family for the Sunday Lunch tradition with visit to cheese farm & food market before preparing lunch
Imagine yourself on a dreamy Sunday in the countryside, where the entire family, under Nonna’s watchful eye, prepares the entire Sunday lunch for the day in a fortified Masseria near Polignano a Mare. Traditional methods and flavors, from shared antipasti to hand-rolled fresh pasta courses, using the best locally sourced produce including Nonna’s crops. To top it all off, a dessert with fruits from her fruit trees. Once ready, everyone will gather around the table to enjoy the dishes together, in a true Italian family style.
You will prepare fresh pasta together, the typical orecchiette with durum flour, side dishes and antipasti. The brasciole is a family favorite, with really good sliced beef, that you will prepare with typical Sunday red sauce, slow cooked. One person of the “family” will prepare the dough for the real Barese focaccia and another will be guided to prepare the dessert for the perfect ending after the lunch.
Lots of the fresh produce is from Chef Domenico family’s farm as well as the cheeses.
This is a true Sunday lunch and what many traditional families are used to, an experience we love and we are proud to share with all food lovers visiting Puglia. A unique, fun and authentic experience, perfect for families, friends, groups and even team building activities.
The first part of this one of a kind experience, begins at 8:30am ends 11:00am in the kitchen to begin prepping for the complete lunch; from appetizers to dessert. Lunch time will be around 1:00pm / 1:30pm, ending at around 3:00pm.
- Visit to dairy farm
- Visit to open farm market and shopping
- Learn how a complete meal comes together Apulian style
- Open food market shopping and all ingredients for the lunch
- Visit to Dairy Farm and fresh products needed for the lunch
- The Chef as your personal shopper and stories teller for the duration of the experience
- Aprons for participants
- Four Courses personalized menu according to season and guest’s preferences: “Apristomaco” (amuse-bouche) – Pasta Course – Main Course w/side dish – Dessert
-Wine & Soft Drinks
$0.60 per km over 20 Km from Conversano to reach private locations
- This experience happens on Fridays when the open food market happens in Conversano. However, pretty much every town in Puglia has a farm market so depending on location, chances are, we can make it happen.
- Some walking required
- Chef can meet you at the Open Food Market or at the Dairy Farm and we can schedule transfer to/from your accommodation (transfer is extra)
- This experience is available also at your private location, if farm market is not available near you, Chef will bring all ingredients needed for this experience